It's no secret that all aspects of the food production chain impact the environment through use of natural resources during production. As regulatory pressures continue to tighten, and the costs of natural resources increase, many industries are beginning to look at their own practices to see how they can be managed for a more sustainable future.
Today, sustainability is voluntarily driven by large players in the supply chain who are taking action due to:
- Corporate social responsibility – companies are driving sustainability practices down the supply chain to develop more eco-friendly products on a lifecycle basis.
- Pre-compliance – establishing environmental practices on their own terms before regulation/legislation takes hold. Rules are just beginning to be formulated for a future with regulated or legislated compliance standards for air, water, soil, and carbon and other greenhouse gases.
While some agricultural producers and agribusiness companies have already developed these initiatives, others are trying to understand how the regulations and trends affect them, and how to start evaluating their current practices to reduce the use of natural resources, become a participant in sustainability, and save money at the same time.
FCStone Environmental LLC can help you become aware of your environmental impact and develop strategies for sustainability through a full range of consulting and advising services.
Steps to Awareness
We can help you through the entire process of managing your environmental risk:
- Lifecycle Analysis/Footprint – Lifecycle Analysis and Environmental Footprinting is a first step in developing a baseline understanding of where your operations stand in terms of sustainable practices and the development of strategies for soil, water, air, and carbon and other greenhouse gas management strategies. An FCStone Environmental in-house consultant will conduct an on-site evaluation of your operation to determine your environmental and emission profile.
- Sustainability – We help you look up and down your supply chain to find ways to reduce environmental impact of the products you produce.
- Keep current on any proposed or new legislation and regulations and how it may impact you. FCStone Environmental keeps you up-to-date on developments from regulators and legislative bodies. We have expertise in understanding the evolving regulatory climate and how market forces will shape this new and growing market.
FCStone can help you every step of the way to becoming greener. more efficient and better prepared for a sustainable future. Find out how FCstone Environmental can help your company. Browse through our website. Contact Greg Clark.