Six Things Vincent Deluard Learned in 2018 And What They Mean for 2019
- Cash remains Vincent Deluard's favorite asset class
- Emerging markets are down, but not out
- Excessive corporate debt is 2019’s biggest risk
- Trade wars are real
- The age of deficits has started
- The age of technology is over
In conjunction with Hubbis, INTL FCStone hosted its inaugural round-table event focused on discussing the key themes for asset allocation and strategy in 2019. A focus group of 16 of the industry’s leading Independent Asset Managers were invited to consider the opportunities and challenges External Asset Managers (EAM) might face and identify the trends for risk management leading into 2019.Learn More
“El mundo puede quedarse sin alimentos en una década” (NY Post, 1 de septiembre de 2017)
“El mundo se queda sin café: vea aquí la razón” (Business Insider, 4 de diciembre de 2017)
¿Podrían los EE. UU. quedarse sin azúcar? (Slate, 14 de agosto de 2009)
“Llegamos al límite: ocho cosas que se agotan y por qué” (Treehugger, 27 de mayo de 2008).
No pasa un trimestre sin que surja una nueva afirmación de que viene la inevitable debacle de algún producto básico y, aún así, se consigue satisfacer la demanda a pesar de las terribles advertencias. “La Escasez que Nunca Llegó” es el más reciente informe de INTL FCStone sobre los mercados de productos básicos, en el que se examina cómo los incentivos y la innovación hacen que, a largo plazo, la escasez de productos básicos parezca improbable.
El reporte intenta:
- Determinar los orígenes de estos temores de escasez
- Demostrar qué impacto tienen en los mercados
- Proporcionar un contexto histórico para estas advertencias de escasez
- Ofrecerle herramientas para interpretar y actuar frente a estos avisos de escasez
Descargue hoy su copia de “La Escasez que Nunca Llegó”.Conozca Más
In this whitepaper, Market Intelligence Brazil explains how the country has become a leader in the low-emissions economy through agriculture and livestock practices. This paper also describes how the advantages of Brazil remaining part of the COP-21 outweigh the costs.Learn More
Interest rates are rising, and the Fed is set to hike rates again in December. What does that mean for you? Download now to read Eric Donovan's full market commentary on rising interest rates.
- Market Overview
- Timing the Next Rate Hike
- Hedging Interest Rates in Volatile Conditions
Hardly a week goes by without some claim that the sky is falling on the future of one commodity or another. Yet, we wake up each morning with plenty of nearly everything. The World is Running Out of…Nothing, INTL FCStone’s latest white paper on the commodity markets, examines how incentives and innovation make true long-term commodity shortages highly unlikely.
The paper aims to
- Examine the origins of scarcity stories
- Set the historical context for them
- Discuss their impacts on markets
- Provide the perspective required to make sound decisions – and perhaps find opportunities – in the face of these “scare” stories
Download The World is Running Out of…Nothing today.Learn More
Commodities, when compared to other investment vehicles, are beginning to attract the attention of speculators and investors, which may impact commodity markets and the way you do business.
Don’t be left unaware of the impact economic forces can have on your business. Take a look at what our economists have to say.
October’s “Intelligent Quant”, which makes a stupidly verifiable forecast for a steep short-term market correction. The equity and the bond market could sell-off together as supply and demand conditions in the Treasury market deteriorate sharply.Learn More
Few events have shaken up world markets as the recent trade battles between the U.S. and much of the developed world. But beyond the headlines there are a number of compelling actions being taken by trade partners-cum-foes that give strong indications of where global trade is headed. INTL FCStone’s latest white paper, The Trade Battles and What Lies Ahead, sheds light on these behind-the-scenes actions and shows what’s really driving the major actors.
In the paper, you will learn
- The context behind the trade wars
- The relative strengths of the opposing sides
- The seldom discussed actions that can nullify tariffs
- How politics is playing an unseen role in the trade battles
- The new normal in global trade that is shaping up
Download The Trade Battles and What Lies Ahead today.Learn More
Vincent Deluard’s latest report investigates the claim that the shift to passive is creating stock market bubbles by dissecting the share of U.S. companies owned by index funds.Learn More